Everyone loves casual Friday. So why not take it a step further with Casual Commute Day?
Make a plan for next Friday, May 5, take a day off from driving alone. Pledge to hop on board a bus, carpool, walk or bike to work and reduce your carbon footprint! By signing up, you’ll be registered to win one of many great prizes from local sponsors.
Joining in your Casual Commute Day is your chance to tray a new way to get around! Who knows, you may fall in love with biking to work. It also helps reduce ozone pollution in our region. Some other benefits include reducing your stress level by commuting with other people and getting more exercising, as well as saving money. If that isn’t enough to win you over, take a look at the awesome prizes:
- – 1 winner – Four (4) tickets to a Grand Rapids Griffins game of your choosing
- – 2 winners – Admission for two (2) to the Great Escape Room
- – 26 winners – $10 Biggby Coffee gift card
- – Go the extra mile and log your casual commute on West Michigan Rideshare to be entered into a separate drawing for a $100 gift card!
Environmental Benefits of Public Transit
- – In the U.S., public transportation saves 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline annually
- – Public transportation saves the equivalent of 900,000 tanks of gas every day
- – Public transportation is reducing emissions of carbon monoxide (CO) by nearly 745,000 tons annually. This equals nearly 75 percent of the CO emissions by all U.S. chemical manufacturers.