The Rapid is seeking to hire part-time and full-time bus operators! We’re hosting two job fairs to find exceptional candidates that excel in customer service to join our fall bus operator training class.
The first job fair will take place on Saturday, September 3, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at York Creek’s Community Building, which is located at 3999 Alpenhorn Drive NW, Comstock Park, MI 49321. While the second job fair will be held on Saturday, September 10, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at LifeQuest Ministries located at 1050 Fisk Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507. Get on board Routes 2 and 5 to get there.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to work with a group of people who take pleasure and pride in making an important difference in the lives of others. Part-time bus operator’s work up to 29 hours a week at an hourly rate of $17.91. We are also seeking full-time bus operators to join The Rapid team.
How To Qualify
– Ability to read, interpret and follow run guides for assigned routes, and be knowledgeable of all equipment usage.
– Must possess valid Michigan driver’s license with less than 4 points.
– Must be physically capable of operating lift or ramp equipped vehicles (50 pounds).
– Must understand and speak English fluently.
– Must pass Department of Transportation physical and drug test. (Insulin shots will disqualify you)
– Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
Date: Saturday, September 3, 2016
Time: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Location: York Creek’s Community Building
3999 Alpenhorn Drive NW, Comstock Park, MI 49321
You can ride Route 9 to get there!
Date: Saturday, September 10, 2016
Time: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Location: LifeQuest Ministries
1050 Fisk Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
You can ride Routes 2 and 5 to get there!
New hires must obtain a Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) before the first day of class (we provide assistance with this). A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) must be obtained by the end of the training period.
More information on the bus operator position is available online at www.ridetherapid.org. If you can’t make it to these job fairs but are still interested in applying, applications are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at our Administrative offices located at 300 Ellsworth Avenue SW in Grand Rapids.
The Rapid is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities and women to apply.