Stand Up 4 Transportation Day takes place tomorrow, April 9. Get up and get out to show your support for transportation infrastructure!
Join us as we celebrate public transportation’s progress in our community and learn more about what the future holds. Participating in our Stand Up 4 Transportation Photo Challenge will allow you to explore the future up and coming Laker Line route. Those who complete the challenge will be entered into a drawing to win prizes are an iPad Mini 3, $50 Meijer gift card, and a $25 Meijer gift card.
Pose with your Stand Up 4 Transportation sign at the following locations:
– Grand Valley State University Pew Campus clock tower
– Inside a Rapid fixed-route bus or with the bus in the background
– The Standale Meijer with Sandy the penny pony
– Outside of Vito’s Pizza
– With the ArtPrize water dragon at the John Ball Zoo
Print out the attached Stand Up 4 Transportation sign here, grab or your cell phone or a camera, and visit the listed destinations. You’ll need to take a photo of yourself (or your group!) holding the SU4T sign at each location. Creativity in photos is encouraged (but please, keep it family friendly). Once you have completed the challenge, email us your photos (use a zip file if necessary) and you’ll be entered in the drawing. Winners will be selected at random from all complete entries.
STAND UP 4 TRANSPORTATION PHOTO CHALLENGE GUIDE:
– Review the photo challenge location list. All locations are accessible using The Rapid. Check RapidConnect (ridetherapid.org) to plan your trip and/or familiarize yourself with the locations.
– Take a selfie or have a buddy take a photo of you holding the Stand Up 4 Transportation sign at each location on the photo challenge list. The SU4T logo must be visible in each photo for it to count.
– If you happen to get a Stand Up 4 Transportation temporary tattoo, this can be used to replace the sign.
– There is only one of each prize in the drawing. While you can participate as a group, it may be best to enter separately so everyone in your group has an equal chance at winning.
– We encourage you to tweet about your journey along the way using #SU4T
– Photos must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as separate attachments or a zip file no later than 12 p.m. on April 10.
– By entering this contest, you are giving The Rapid permission to use/post the photos submitted.