On April 9, public transportation supporters around the nation are uniting in their communities and online to send a powerful message to Congress: It’s time to provide long-term investment for America’s transportation network.
On Stand Up 4 Transportation Day (SU4T) The Rapid will be raising awareness about the proposed Laker Line, which would transition the existing Route 50 to a bus rapid transit (BRT) line similar to the Silver Line. This project would significantly improve transportation between downtown Grand Rapids and Grand Valley University in Allendale, but it won’t happen without federal investment.
We’re inviting you to join us in celebrating public transportation’s progress in our community and learn more about what could be coming next. Explore the future Laker Line route by taking our Stand Up 4 Transportation Photo Challenge. Prizes are an iPad Mini 3, $50 Meijer gift card, and a $25 Meijer gift card.
Participating in the Stand Up 4 Transportation Photo Challenge is easy! We will release the photo challenge location list on Wednesday, April 8, right here on the Get On Board blog and share it on our Facebook page. Print out the attached Stand Up 4 Transportation sign, grab or your cell phone or a camera, and visit the listed destinations. You’ll need to take a photo of yourself (or your group!) holding the SU4T sign at each location. Creativity in photos is encouraged (but please, keep it family friendly). Once you’ve completed the challenge, email us your photos (use a zip file if necessary) and you’ll be entered in the drawing. Winners will be selected at random from all complete entries.
Photo challenge timeline: April 9 at 6:00 a.m. until April 10 at 6:00 a.m. Submissions must be received by email (email@example.com) by 12:00 p.m. on April 10 to be considered for the prize drawing.
Prepare in advance for this fun transportation challenge! Download your Stand Up 4 Transportation Photo Challenge sign here: https://www.ridetherapid.org/articles/su4t-photo-challenge-sign
Stand Up 4 Transportation Photo Challenge Guide:
– Review the photo challenge location list. All locations are accessible using The Rapid. Check RapidConnect (ridetherapid.org) to plan your trip and/or familiarize yourself with the locations.
– Take a selfie or have a buddy take a photo of you holding the Stand Up 4 Transportation sign at each location on the photo challenge list. The SU4T logo must be visible in each photo for it to count.
– There is only one of each prize in the drawing. While you can participate as a group, it may be best to enter separately so everyone in your group has an equal chance at winning.
– We encourage you to tweet about your journey along the way using #SU4T
– Photos must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as separate attachments or a zip file no later than 12 p.m. on April 10.
– By entering this contest, you are giving The Rapid permission to use/post the photos submitted.
Will you be standing up for transportation with us?